Monday, September 24, 2007

Reception Fun!

Here are a few of the gang at the reception. What an experience. Have you ever eaten for three hours straight at a wedding reception? We have...I kept having to say " No gracias" BC I was not so brave...they served prawns with the feet and head (eyeballs and all),we each had like 10 on our plate. I mostly ate bread so probably gained a good 10 pounds! It was really fun....they brought about 6 different dishes, when you thought you could eat no more....they had another dish ready for you.

Brandon and Lydia cut the cake with a sword and then he picked her up and took the wedding topper off and put her down, that was a cultural thing that we enjoyed watching! After the meal we danced....

I actually love to dance, although other then having rhythm I really can't dance very well. But I pulled some other ladies out there and we joined the Spanish women. We mostly just stood in a circle and shook our booties. Occasionally we would put our heads in the center and yelled something...I, of course couldn't understand what we were to yell so I just yelled ARHHHH, kinda like a pirate;)Gabe got out there also, don't let this guys fool you, he can really get into it:)

Brandon and Lydia's first dance was to a song in Moulin Rouge. Gabe and I were loving that....If you didn't know Gabe learned the whole soundtrack to wooo me when we first started dating bc I was obsessed with the movie when it first came out (and hey it worked!). So when the song was being played, Gabe and I were singing it loudly to each other, we are pretty dorky, huh? Don't be scared nobody else could hear us.Don't be jealous;)


This is Austin, Brandon's nephew, he happened to thoroughly enjoy the prawns

The sword cake cutting



The NY Rob's with the NC Rob's (Gabes folks:)

3 comments:

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

Sounds like an interesting receptio!I don't think I could handle that food. You and Gabe have become quite the world travelers! And what do you mean about not having dancing skills? I've seen your dancing in action and I am kind of jealous of your dancings abilities :P Be good to you!

Anonymous said...

ahem. . . I heard you two singing so I'm sure others did too. Sounded good, but then I'm the Mom, what else would I say!