Monday, September 24, 2007

First Day...

Well Folks, It is a big blogging night for me....Gabe's playing basketball so I thought I would catch up on some posting!

I started my new job today...I am so glad the first day experience is over. It was a really great day, but all the anticipation and anxiety that goes into it is no more! Gabe and I were able to commute together (John, my step-dad, was also in the city for work, so it was a nice treat to have his prayers on my first day). I got there pretty early so I stopped into Barnes and Nobles to kill sometime. I ended up being a little sick in the restroom (and had a stomache all day yesterday) but that is definitely how my body deals with stress. Once I got to L'Oreal I was really excited.

I had orientation from 9-1, the neat thing about orientation is that not only was I being 'oriented' but I was also seeing what I would be doing in a few weeks/months. I am one of three in the New Hire Welcome Center and will be doing the presentations for new employee's. Everyone knows I love the cheesy team building, get yourself pumped up kind of activities (no we didn't do any trust falls) so I really liked the orientation. They gave us a tour of the building, we got our i.d badges made, saw the cafeteria (we have our very own Starbucks), and o' so much more:)

After going over all of the benefits we watched two videos. 1.The first one spoke about how amazing the company is and how it will exceed all of your expectations, blah blah, and how we are the leaders in the beauty industry...I am sure some of my closest friends are laughing right now...hey- remember when it was my new years resolution to start wearing makeup? you never know!!
2. The 2nd video was about our volunteer day. Once a year everyone does a service project out in the community. This is something my big boss heads up and I am pretty excited about being a part of.
Because I enjoy these kind of things, I was on a little high about my new job and the company I am working for!! We also got goodie bags, I took a picture so you guys can see all the stuff I got, if you guys come to visit, don't bother bringing shampoo:)
O the perks!

During the afternoon I started learning some of my job duties, I want to learn them all fast, but I know it takes time, will keep you posted,
Thanks for tuning in...xoxo



A little shout out to Johanna who went shopping with me all day Saturday to ensure I had some fun girly outfits....She was such a trooper, we went to the Staten Island Mall and it took some time getting out there (we had to take a subway, ferry, and a bus)...We had a fun time doing such normal stuff, like eating in a food court, running through a park lot in the rain, and then having to get back on the bus, ferry , and train....hmm, nothing like living in the big city!THANKS Johanna,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!!!! The First Day is over! Thnaks for the report cause I was wondering how all went. Sounds good. Praise God!

Anonymous said...

Hey, once you become a pro at L'oreal, maybe you can head up the road and do New Blue in Armonk.

Glad to hear the first day went well!

Anonymous said...

Way to kick Welcome Center butt, Meg. It sounds like an extremely positive environment.

Faith said...

I am SO jealous.