Saturday, September 8, 2007

Air Guitar 206 22nd Street, #2

Meg and I watched the documentary 'Air Guitar Nation' tonight. As the name suggests, it's about air guitar players. A whole cast of colorful characters--from C-Diddy to Bjorn Toruqe--make their way to the world air guitar championship in Finland. Needless to say , it was awesome. Not quite as good as 'King of Kong,' but good nonetheless. In fact, it inspired Meg and I to hold our own air guitar championship afterwords. One song apiece. One winner. No holds barred. Meg went first, and I chose the song 'Say It Ain't So' by Weezer for her. She did a pretty darn good job, although she was a bit too happy for her song and lost some airness marks because of it.





I was up next, and Meg chose 'I Believe in a Thing Called Love' by The Darkness. My fingerwork wasn't the best, but I rocked it out and lost my glasses in the process. If Meg and I take this to the next level, we're going to need some rockin' stage names. Suggestions are welcome.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes! It seems you two were best left alone tonight afterall. Just one question, was the Touchos dance incorporated in the air guitar madness?

Anonymous said...

Looks....interesting. Maybe next time we are together you guys can take on Quinn. I've never seen him air guitar, but something tells me it might be amusing.

Johanna and Josh said...

It's like you want me to make fun of you...

sooprgrll said...

have fun in spain!

The Breedloves said...

I mean seriously....did you have to do it shirtless. Did you want all the Brooklyn girls to be jealous of your wife?

Kristin said...

Takes me back to our days of having dance parties. Congrats Meg on the job :) I've enjoyed reading what's going on in the life of the Robinsons. Take care. I'll be in touch.

seb said...

Gabe-I never knew you were like this. Why didn't you dance at 805A for me?

Anonymous said...

Well said.