Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The greatest city in the world

Gabe and I have lived in NY for just over a year and a half, and I have to say...we are pretty darn smitten! I have my days when I am cursing the lifestyle, but most of the time we are really thankful that we are here. If you are interested...Day's I curse the city...
1. Carrying my laundry to the laundry mat and when I get there all the machines are taken. If it is overly hot or cold, I am in a really bad mood. It doesn't make it any easier knowing we have a washing/dryer machine back in NC
2. If it is raining before work. I have to walk three blocks to the subway, if it's pouring, I end up looking like a wet rat by the time I get on the train. If I am wearing flip flops it's worse, I almost die every time! Once I get off of the train I need to walk a few more blocks, so if I had dried at all on the 30 mintue ride, you can't tell by the time I get to the office.
3. Carrying my groceries when I have had to buy milk, oj, or anything else to heavy. If it's raining just tuck me in and call it a day. It takes about 10 minutes to get the feeling back into my fingers on big grocery shopping days.
4. If it is over 90 degree's out. I actually hate the heat. It wears me out and makes me smell less then desirable. If I have to walk in it (to and from the subway) I usually am ready for another shower by the time I get to work.

Think that is about it, but you can ask my husband for other things that make me crazy!

BUT there are so many things that I love....
Not going to list them here, but they will come out as I continue to blog~

Here is what I was doing on my lunch break today...Where else does this happen?




The way the guy in the front is sitting cracked me up, anyone else?



No comments: