Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm a little bit tired and a little bit OCD

So tonight my dear friends you can find this girl eating pasta (no sauce just butter- strange NEVER used to go that route), cuddled up on the couch with some music and some work (I didn't want to work late bc being cuddled up on the couch was more attractive).

This past weekend I was back in NC for Katie's (my sis) birthday. My mom and I had talked about this party for months ahead of time and although it was really just a dessert drop by I think our "talking" helped bc it went really well! The reason I am tired though is that I took it upon myself to clean clean my parents house. It wasn't dirty at all but my OCD kicked in and I thought that all the base boards, chair rails and window sills needed a good wiping down. Mom was super sweet and kept saying that it wasn't necessary but I was a girl on a mission. If you could see my apartment though-- you wouldn't be impressed, why is it that it's always more fun cleaning somebody else's home?

As a kid I used to make Katie sit on my bed while I cleaned up my room. I would tell her to pretend we were on a talk show and that she (the host) would need to say things like "OK- you have 20 seconds to pick up all of your clothes and put them on the bed", and then "You know have 15 seconds to fold all of the clothes" and lastly "10 seconds to put them away"She of course had to add many sound effects and would frantically tell me if the time was running out......it was so much fun and made cleaning a cinch-

I better let Gabe know that he's busy this weekend, he better be ready to be my talk show host!

All of this to say I'll post pics later, and hopefully a great video of Mr. Rob (Gabe's dad, not Gabe) singing along to Nirvana on rock band!

3 comments:

sooprgrll said...

i can relate. we should take turns being talk show hosts!

Anonymous said...

Gabe could write a short story about your cleaning habits. I'd like to read that story. A lot.

Kristi said...

Girlfriend, anytime you get in that cleaning mode again down here in NC, please feel free to stop by our house :)!!

I am glad you had a good weekend!