Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Trip to NC

We were in NC for Labor day. It was Gabe's high school reunion so that was all day Saturday. it was super low-key and nice to see people (I went to the same school for three years). If Gabe wants to elaborate he can but right now he says's from the family room "I like my class of '98". And so....


We split time between families which is nice for the most part, but also exhausting when you are moving all of your stuff each night. My parents' house was the very active, crazy house. We brought the craziness though. Dakota could not sit for longer than 30 seconds there. All she wanted to do was play with their two dogs. It was really fun to watch and my parents were extremely kind not to throw us out on our butts! Also, because she was having so much fun she really never wanted to take a break to go outside to use the bathroom:) Thanks folks!

Then at Gabe's home she would conk out, no dogs- she was able to get her energy back while there. It was funny--she would take a day to relax for the next crazy day. She actually slept better there too so we were able to do the same (she doesn't sleep in the bed with us but the same room). Appreciate the families letting us bring the dog!

The whole trip was a bit of a blur, but we ate lots and caught up with each other. The actual drive was really fun. I miss driving. We had a hybrid both ways and wow we saved tons on gas. We did run out of gas on the way home, the battery allowed us a mile or two but didn't get us to the gas station. Gabe got in a car with a stranger and D was supposed to keep me safe; she didn't really protect me as she cuddled in beside me, but all worked out well. Just glad it was Gabe who was driving when it happened:)

Here are the pics: Enjoy!
Gabe just couldn't get the three to cooperate

Proof of the crazy dogs! Don't worry if we come to your home, we can control her!





Our friend Brad's baby boy: So cute!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate that Gabe was representing his neighborhood cafe at the reunion! Looks like you guys had lots of fun. And I appreciate the fact that the hybrid battery won't really help you out if you end up on E :-)