Saturday, August 25, 2007

Shower curtain heist

Gabe and I buy a new shower curtain liner every 6 months. This may be wastefull but we try very hard to keep it clean but end up giving up and then spending $5 on a new one. So we just recently changed it, I only spent $2 on the new liner so it is pretty thin and might not last as long as the one we took down. The one that we discarded was pretty nice (can it really be considered bragging if I am talking about a shower curtain liner?) it has metal rings and was of a "thicker plastic"...but it was time to go....when Gabe starts noticing you know it's gotten a little to mildew'ey!

We put it in a grocery bag and then put it in the trash. Our land lord takes the trash bins from the front stoop to the street corner once a week so we never even think about things that I have thrown out (does anybody??) This afternoon though I noticed something strange hanging on the line in the backyard, guess what it was? YUP- our very dirty (yet it was CLEAN) and good quality, USED shower curtain liner. I am almost 100% sure it was ours, I have never seen the land lord hang a liner on the line (and yes we look out there very often).

Gabe and I were laughing pretty darn hard. I mean who does that? And don't we pay enough rent for them to have the highest quality, mildew free shower curtain liners ever made?
Please see the evidence....


I think the metal hooks were a dead give away...


I felt VERY wasteful after seeing it out there....I may make Gabe start really scrubbing our liners;) HA! Actually Gabe is the cleaner one in this marriage, I can't complain!!

2 comments:

sooprgrll said...

I wonder what Bobo thought...

TukandCo said...

haha. wait, is it funny? kinda gross...