Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving week

What a fun week we had leading up to the holiday! We were super busy and totally messed up Finnegan's schedule but she might tell you it was all worth it (I on the other hand might not;) JK!)

On Saturday (the 20th) my mom, step-dad, and little sister arrived. We were really low key- pizza and games, early bed times and trips to target...just nice to be with family. My step dad and Alli went upstate on Sunday afternoon and my mom stayed in town for a few days. We had a thanksgiving potluck Sunday night at church- didn't see Finnegan for most of the night bc she was spreading the love around. On Monday Finn had her 2 month shots...this was the real reason my mom stayed...I was pretty sad/nervous about the shots. I didn't think it would affect me this way but I was almost crying when we walked into the room. Finnegan on the other hand was a champ, she cried for less than 2 seconds.
Cuddling with Grandpa

Chilling with Aunt Alli


Tuesday we went into the city for the first time. We dropped mom off at Penn Station and then made our rounds to both offices to show Finn Marie off. When I got off at my stop and walked the block to my office I passed a bodega that I pass every single day when I am working. For three years I have walked this route but never stopped and purchased anything from this particular gentleman. As I walked by with Finn in the ergo he yelled out "O you had the baby! boy or girl, congrats, etc...". That was a true NY moment! What a nice guy! For about 6 months I basically crawled in front of his bodega bc I was so sick, thankfully he never saw me throw up but he may have seen me stop and lean against a shop while getting my bearings/praying/cursing (don't miss those days!!)

Finn and her best pal in the whole world


When we got to the office I just made a few pit stops to introduce the babe. People fell in love instantly- she has that effect on folks. Then we went to Gabe's office. He was one proud daddy showing her off! After a full day of show and tell Finn and I headed home.

On thanksgiving day we went to a good friends for a fantastic meal. Friday we were lazy but had a group over that night- Finn proceeded to have the worst night since she has been born which meant Sat. and Sunday we decided to stick close to home. I went to the grocery store on Saturday and came home with eggs and a cute little Christmas tree. I couldn't help myself. I just thought we NEEDED one even though we have NO space and won't be around for Christmas. I'm pretty glad I bought it too- last night Finn just stared at those lights and even spoke her first words which were "Thanks Momma!"...smart girl huh:)

Watching the Macy's day parade on her first Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving Meal


Decorating the tree


1 comment:

Kristin B Teffeteller said...

Lovin' it! Your tree is PERFECT! Ha! We're going "live" this year so hope we can its twin since we'll be packing up once again =( I'm sure it was fun showing off that bundle of love...take care!