Tuesday, November 2, 2010

1st Halloween and such

Gabe and I are doing really well considering the lack of sleep, amount of poop, and constant feedings- I think it helps that we are head over heels for our girl!
The last 6 weeks have been a whirlwind....

My mom was here for a week, then Gabes folks were here, now Aunt Katie is in town. Everyone is taking good care of us. The moms made us meals that we are still enjoying and folks from church have also brought us food- Food may be the best gift! It has been so nice not to have to think about what we are eating!

Finnegan and I venture out every day. Sometimes it's just to the grocery store (I even bring the dog bc lets not forget how spoiled that one is) but other days we go to the park with friends, long walks so that Finn gets a good nap, and we even hung out at the Sprint store for a few hours bc Dakota ate my phone (again!)...

We have gone to bigger events too- Clothing exchanges ( I don't think I saw Finn for the 2 + hours I was there), halloween parties (she slept the whole time), parades (umm slept again!). Yesterday Katie watched her so I could go to the doctors- it felt pretty nice to be able to run a few errands and not have to worry about her.

Finnegan was Cyndi Lauper for our Halloween party. She didn't love the costume as you can see.


Then on Halloween she was our little pea pod. Cute and cozy.


She changes every day. She is very alert and will follow your voice and toys with her eyes. She smiles lots! Her cry is a' changin' too- I'll miss the teeny whimper bc screams aren't as cute. She takes a bottle with no problem and gets one once a day. Gabe really enjoys being able to feed her. We were going to go see a movie this week while we had Katie here but the bed bug thing in NYC is a bit scary so not sure what we will do.

A funny little side note: the other night while I ate my dinner in under 30 seconds, Gabe sat on the couch bouncing his bowl of soup...yes bouncing. I guess that can give you a little insight into our lives as new parents. He didn't even realize what he was doing but we are in a constant state of BOUNCE around here.

My two favorite girls....

No comments: