Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Dolphin People by Torsten Krol



I said I wasn't going to do this with every book I acquire, but this is a special one. I ranted and raved about Krol's other book, Callisto, but I think this one is even better. The 5 second pitch is that it's a postmodern adventure story, but it's really so much more than that. A very entertaining read, but one that stays in your head for a long time. Very thought-provoking. Think of it as Lord of the Flies with adults, or maybe The Swiss Family Robinson on crack. Probably just lost some with that description, but consider yourself warned: this is an intense read. And well worth it. The Dolphin People goes on sale Tuesday, Nov. 17. Buy a copy and tell others about it. It's a fantastic book and deserves a big audience.

Amazon page here.

And you can click this if you want to browse a little sampling:

1 comment:

klydelanta said...

I will pick this bad boy up post-haste!