Saturday, July 11, 2009

North Carolina

So G Rob, Dakota and I spent the 4th with the family in North Carolina. It was a very quick trip (whats new) but instead of trying to pack it all in we really just relaxed and caught up! Katie (my sis), came to NY the weekend before so that she could drive back to NC with D and I. Gabe wasn't able to get off work as early so he flew up and met us. Katie was a good sport and we really appreciated her- her job on the road was to keep me up. We sang to Moxy Fruvous at the top of our lungs, crazy how lyrics never leave ya!


Wednesday night was spent with my mom and step dad...good food and a little "so you think you can dance" (I had never seen but kinda fun). Thursday mom and I ran around and did some girly things- like check out their cool new grocery store, furniture shopping (please please Gabe can I have a new couch!!), and of course what would a trip home be with out visiting an open house?. That night Gabe got in and his folks joined us for an Italian feast and a tour of Italy (as per G and M).

Friday morning we went boating and had a lazy two hours tanning and swimming. Got back to the house and packed up to go to the Rob's...Dakota at this point should have been pooped. She doesn't sit down at my folks place bc she loves playing with their two dogs. BUT- once we got to the Rob;s she got a surprise- another pup! Bailey was a bit intimidated by our monster but they both got a workout. We had a nice dinner out on their screened porch and then...ding dong~ here comes the MN Rob's.



Seth, Donia and their three kiddos drove in from MN. It was going to be a really short visit with them but we were just glad we had the opportunity at all. The kids are getting so big and you could just eat em up they are so cute! It was fun chasing each other and acting crazy together (ok that was just the kids and Gabe and I).


The next morning I got suckered into running with Donia- this always happens and I am not sure why:) I HATE running and happen to be terribly out of shape- Donia runs on a regular basis and loves it. So...she invites me, I smile and say "no thanks"...then before you know it I have my sneakers on and we are running! I do end up enjoying the time spent with her but the next morning my body ached a bit. About 20 people in total were over for the 4th picnic. We had water ballons and squirt guns, delicious food and even fireworks in our own yard. What a fun time!



The Robinson clan


Sunday...on the road again. Gabe, D and I made it home in about 11 hours. A great weekend with the family- so glad we were able to see everyone!

No comments: