Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fun crazy times!

Since our trip to NC Gabe and I have been keeping super busy...Last weekend we were able to chill and do absolutely nothing and man that felt good!
Some fun things we have done this month:

Went to see THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS- it was a kids' show at the park but they still played a few of my favorites. We may have been the only ones without kids but that didn't stop us from getting down! We did almost get into a fight on the way (not with each other but with a stranger on the street). For those who we hang out with on a regular basis this is no surprise- for those who we haven't been around in a long time let me just tell you- We both have attitudes and really fit into that NY mentality (not bragging bc not sure it's a great quality)....BUT, as we were walking this guy in front of us got his bike caught so we walked around him. After a step or two we heard him say- Just relax. So it took me a second to realize he was talking to us but by the time I was whipping my head around to say something guess who was already doing it...The hubster! Gabe says something like- "excuse me? We didn't even say anything to you" (like get out of my way with your crazy stuck bike). And we kept walking but the guy yells- "Go back home...where do you live? Williamsburg?" (W'burg is in Brooklyn and known for its hipsters- we were so taken aback but before we could respond he goes "where are you from- the Midwest?" So...1. Gabe and I looked like we just stepped out of a Gap add (from 5 years ago), and 2. what's wrong with the Midwest and W'burg? I think Gabe did say something like- "Get a life" but can't remember...things like this always get us going. We had a great time at the concert, though! Who doesn't like the song "Particle Man?"!

Afterwards Gabe was getting together with some guys for poker and pizza and I was getting together with two girlfirends. It was such a fun night- us girls ate bread and butter and corn on the cob- bing cherries for dessert! We grazed all night and talked about fun things like highschool and babies (one of the friends is preggers. Haven't had a night like that since college! I know, I was a real party animal, huh?

We went to see Harry Potter opening night with some friends...we didn't get to sit together bc the place was packed. Good movie though. I did fall asleep at one point but I think I always do that at these movies. Then we sung happy b-day to J'Cals in Union Square and feasted on cupcakes that his wife had brought!

Gabe, D and I had a picnic last Saturday night in the park. The weather was amazing and we used our new picnic bag (something I got from work) and a great new picnic blanket from the in-laws. We brought a screw driver and put D's leash on that. We ate, drank some wine, watched a wedding, played some cards- perfecto night in my book! And as we were leaving we got a good laugh when this really cute 6- or 7-year-old girl saw us walking with Dakota and said something like, "Oh child, uh-uh, don't get near me. Lord, no." Pretty funny.

Some good times. And I (Meg) am going to DC this weekend to see my college roommates. Really looking forward to it. Gabe will have his horror and samurai flicks to keep him happy.

No comments: