Thursday, April 16, 2009

Where my girls at....

If you can finish this song lyric we were meant to be friends!
Gabe, D, and I packed up the rental car and headed to Maryland to see my college roomates and their husbands this past weekend. Trouble ensue's when the three of us girls get together...a good kind of trouble though. We haven't all been together in years so much time was spent catching up, hugging, praying together, eating....and of course a little DC action as well.

Kelli and Joel just bought a home and so we camped there for two nights. I was the lucky one who discovered a plumbing problem in the guest bathroom (one that prevented Joel from joining us in DC)....made me thankful that we had a landlord (that lasted about 5 minutes bc I would love to have my own place-one that I could paint without having to ask permission). Kelli and I also went through her whole wardrobe...no worries we didn't make the men offer any advice. I was told I should be honest so there were times that all you heard was "Kelli, NO- give it to me"...and in the goodwill pile it went.

Micah and Sara came to spend the day with us Saturday. It was pretty gross out that morning but in the afternoon the sun was shining and we headed into the city. We went to one museum (forgive me I forget the name) which was OK- it was very crowded and I enjoy being OUTside! We went to the outdoor "art" corner (obviously forgot that name too) and posed with some of the sculptures. I'll share some of those here....
I really thank God that He gave me these amazing friends who I am able to share life with even when not in the same city.










On the way home we made a pit stop in Philly to pick up Crystal and Bryan....it made the last leg of the trip really fun! And Dakota sure got spoiled


Gabe here. How cool (immature) am I?