Thursday, June 26, 2008

And the verdict is....

So today I went back to work, felt really weird bc after two weeks you form new routines.

Yesterday at around 3 the judge called us in and said thanks for everything....go home! After 5 days of deliberating and 3 notes to the judge saying we couldn't agree, they classified the trial as a mis-trial.

It was a super sad case, it was a murder case were someone was stabbed three times and the police did an awful job at collecting evidence, interviews, dna, etc....I would rather tell you about it then write it in detail, so just ask:) One of these days I will write something up on some of the other jurors- what characters we all are! Each juror definitely has a role....
Any guesses on mine?

I was the feisty one who kept us on track....surely ticking people off along the way.
Felt good to be back at L'Oreal!

2 comments:

The Wifest said...

Were you a guilty or not guilty hold out?

I was on a murder case too when I served jury duty in Brooklyn. We let our guy go. I was the last hold out after three days of deliberating. I probably should have stuck to my guns. The guy definitely stabbed the other guy.

I'm glad you're done. Shake it off and enjoy the next 7 years jury duty free.

Anonymous said...

jury duty ... july 30 in gbro... ugh. $12 a day? i could pick that much change up off the streets!