Saturday, February 2, 2008

Weeks...

Well I have been trying to blog each week but not too much to report. So I will share a few funny tidbits from the week.

Gabe and I went to see Spring Awakening for our birthdays. It was terrific. It was not really what we were expecting. Our favorite Broadway shows include Les Mis and Miss Saigon, and of course Wicked. But Spring Awakening was very contemporary; its music was written by Duncan Sheik and really broke the mold of traditional Broadway. It was a real coming of age story that took place when things were not spoken about, in fact because the parents felt uncomfortable talking about things- the kids didn't know what was going on with their hormones/bodies. Honestly, it was incredible! I am not going to recommend it to all though, I have learned my lesson after talking up Waitress and Juno, so be warned...many people won't like this, it's just that we did:)

When it went to intermission the high schooler sitting behind us (who was with his whole class and chaperone) asked "Is this even appropriate for a school play", "Did they even know what this was about" (referring to his school)...Hmm to answer his questions, Nope, not appropriate for a high schooler~
If you want to look it up:

http://www.springawakening.com/


Another funny quote I heard this past week.... I worked at one of my United Cerebral Palsy dances last night and this really sweet girl came over to me and said "to think I have two boys fighting over me, it must be this new lotion I am wearing"...I told her it was because she was so beautiful though!

Today Gabe and I looked at two apartments, and one was amazing (the other was great but just to small), we are really thinking of putting an application in on the one. We will send it in Monday, so say some prayers! I get all anxious and strange before we make a big change, so I don't want to be a ball of nerves the next few days. We know what is meant to be will be!

1 comment:

sooprgrll said...

where is the apt located where you are putting in an application?