Saturday, February 16, 2008

Updates....

What a crazy busy week...so glad it is a three day weekend. Gabe and I have nothing going on, and I love it! My best friend was going to be in town but was sick so we are postponing that girly weekend! (can't wait!)

This past week I had a conference for work. It was such an amazing week- we learned a lot about our biz and the culture at L'Oreal. It was a great way to network and see the people behind each function. I met people who are chemists (creating new lotions, marketers who work 24-7 to get you to buy the product, doctors who stand up in court and say- Great Lash did not give you that rash, ect...) With all that said, there is a lot of room to grow with this company and I am pretty excited about what the future holds career wise! If you want details of the team building chants we made up or the wine tasting competition--just give a call, I am feeling a bit worn out from it all!

While I was out of the office all week my amazing husband was busy dealing with a broker (who was probably on drugs) to make sure that we got our new apartment lease signed! I take that back- he did the paperwork and I made all the nasty phone calls to tell her to get her act together. By the end, she took a TON of our money and we got the place....I am a little sick to my stomach thinking she is probably going on a small vacation with our money while I sit and eat cereal for dinner for a week. While I am ranting let me just tell you...this is the apartment we saw a few weeks ago without a broker, I called her to say we wanted it, she said it wasn't pet friendly...and so the story goes.....Everything changed once she decided to ask the landlord about the dog!

We are very excited to be moving into this apartment next month! We are one step closer to getting our dog now (the landlord and her daughter love pets so we think the broker was lying, although cant figure out why)! Will keep you updated on when that will happen, but it will probably be summer time before we actually get him. (I can hardly wait!)

Nothing else overly exciting to report....

2 comments:

sooprgrll said...

so excited for you guys!!

TukandCo said...

wow, congrats. where's the new place?!