Sunday, January 17, 2010

My wife be the best

As you know from the previous post, my 30th birthday was this past week. And I just have to say that ol' Meggers did one heck of a job making me feel extra special. It all started Wednesday night, the night before my birthday. I had been out watching a UNC game, and, when I got home, one whole wall in our dining room was covered with sheets of construction paper, each one with a reason why Meg loves me.



Then, on Thursday, she said I could eat anywhere I wanted, and I, of course, chose buffalo wings. 20 of 'em. I was feeling it. But the big reveal that night was that Meg had bought me a Wii. This really meant a lot because she hates video games. But she knows how much fun I have with them, so she's selflessly indulged me.


On Friday, when we got home from work, the table was set for 6, and she informed me that a few of our good friends were coming for dinner. It was a really nice time just hanging out and relaxing. And she even had them do something I had suggested a couple of weeks ago as a joke. She had them bring a book from which they read their favorite passages. Really enjoyed that. Honestly.



And then on Saturday we had the big party at the Draft Barn, where about 16 of our friends came and celebrated with me. It was such a fun time, and a perfect way to end my 30th birthday week. (Trust me, those are sleepy eyes in my pic. It wasn't that big of a bash.)




Meg really made me feel loved, and I really appreciate that. 30 only comes once, and she made it special. Thanks, Meggers. I love you!

3 comments:

thisisntjimmy said...

Frank photobombed us! hahaha http://thisisphotobomb.com/

Unknown said...

Wow. All of that was terrific! Way to set the bar really high for the Robinson women, Meg. Thanks. Seriously. Thanks a ton.

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can phrase that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is quiet a suspect as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=panama city christmas parade ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have not used. Or you functioning the black methods of helping of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg