Saturday, June 20, 2009

Back to life, Back to reality....

I guess our Italy posts couldn't last forever but they are so much more fun than the routine we call life! Gabe and I have been super busy with work...but that's the boring stuff.

Gabe has two books of his own (meaning he acquired them- he didn't write them:), and then his boss also has a few, that are in editing phase. What all this means is that he is stressed and working every weekend (plus a midnight signing at B and N kept him out after 1am). Work for me has also been nuts....50 interns started and we had about 50 folks start from a company we just purchased- I do the orientation and all of the paperwork for both groups~ fun times! One of the groups were beauty advisors at Bloomindgales and they gave me a little makeover on the spot.
The company also celebrated its 100th birthday...we volunteered out in the community for half the day and then had a huge party back at the office. I was at the Whitney musuem with kiddos for the morning. Then the party was nuts...I danced a bit on the 9th floor with the live band- then I remembered I was at work...JK! I did dance but it was totally acceptable.

We have tried catching up with friends in the hood but as summer is here everyone's schedule gets a bit crazy. Random things that have happened or things we have done include:
Gabe dropping hamburger grease down my neck and back--no worries,I was okay. I was actually on the floor cleaning the grease that had just splattered all over his hand when it happened again. Thankfully the grease wasn't that hot. We were hysterically laughing by the time we actually sat down to eat--I had bits of hamburger and grease hanging from my hair.
I also cut a bit of my finger off while chopping onions. Our friends were over and K dog was great about "mothering" me. As I was cleaning it out she pointed to the onion where the chunk from my finger lay...delicious!
We went to see the Wiz last night--fun musical! I was excited bc Ashanti was in it...she stunk though. She can definitely sing but her acting was pretty bad. She kind of just watched the others act. On the way home someone almost threw up on Gabe in the subway--we got to get out of this city.
Dakota and I went stoop sale-ing (garage sales for those without garages)last weekend. She is such a good buddy. Didn't buy anything but it was great weather to be out for a few hours. Since we have been back it has rained about 75% of the time.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hmmmm, I think I'll keep you out of the kitchen, at least the prep stage, when you're here! Glad it was nothing really serious.