Saturday, May 30, 2009

Italy....lets start with Venice

Well our two week dream vacation has come and gone. Gabe and I have talked about going to Italy for about 5 years! It proved to be an amazing vacation. I'm not sure how to best post about it bc we have about 500 pictures and probably about that many stories to share. I will go by city and will more then likely let the pictures tell the story.

We started in Venice, and as soon as we got on the boat at the airport and made our way to the Rialto Bridge I knew that I had already fallen in love. Rick Steves tour book puts it best when it says "This car-free urban wonderland of a hundred islands- laced together by 400 bridges and 2,000 alleys....." he ends the sentence kind of boring so lets say....This wonderland was easy to navigate and and we spent much time running around but also spent time sitting on a bench reading and people watching.

We stayed central in all of the cities bc I knew we would be walking everywhere. The first evening we went to find St. Marks square but got a little side tracked by some live music- A crowd just stood outside a bar to listen- we only stayed for a few minutes but we felt like locals. The next night we did find the square (bs we spent most of the day there (going into the church, into Doge's Palace and the Correr Museum...we also crossed the Bridge of Sighs (it took about three steps to cross. We spent the morning at the market checking out the fruits,veg and fish...always a favorite for us.










PS I am totally jamming to Ace of Base as I post these...

No comments: