Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Safety

I remember when Alli (my little sister) was a little tot and we would put her in the car and say- Safety first! I think it fair to say that we all want to feel safe in our surrondings. When we moved here we thought it might be an issue but honestly we feel complety safe here in NYC.

We just moved to a new block a few months back- we LOVE the apartment but I really am not too keen on the actual street. We are right next to a construction site and have some obnoxious neighbors next door. But we must forge ahead..

Yesterday after an amazing picnic with friends, Dakota and I popped in a movie to relax to while Gabe headed out to see a friend from Carolina....

It was short lived....

A huge beam fell from the top floor of the construction site and crashed through one of our front windows. Not exactly the relaxing time Dakota and I were hoping for. She reacted first, and I think it scared the poop out of her, literally. There were these little brown spots on the carpet afterwards that I couldn't explain any other way.

Here is our window-



See where the pillows and blanket are? That is where D and I were laying...






See that metal piece leaning...that fell Saturday and I kiddingly said watch that fall on me...HA!!

1 comment:

The Wifest said...

Umm, so are they paying you a million dollars for endangering you and your family? Not to mention buying you a new window, a new carpet, and a new couch? What did they say? What did they do?

I'm glad that you're okay. Some amazing things happen to you Robinsons. I'm glad a huge shard of glass didn't fly into your eye or your brain. You should use some of your huge settlement money to come and see me.